Monday, May 18, 2009

Let's SEE

(But not really)

I figured it would be appropriate to introduce my intentions for this blog before I get into anything serious. First off, you should know that I am going to be using bad metaphors and bad puns (such as the title of this post) on sight and blindness throughout this blog...you can deal, they wont make you blind (there I go). But I am not here to rant and rave about my inability to come up with creative metaphors and puns... I am here to rant and rave about's sight and blindness in literature (and art).

I have chosen one novel and two plays: Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, King Lear by William Shakespeare and Galileo by Bertolt Brecht for which I will write an explication. That explication will include: the use, meaning and effect of sight/blindness in those said literary works. At the end of my explication post or in a subsequent post, I will entwine as well as unravel those said uses, meanings and effects of sight/blindess in the literary works.

I also plan on writing three more, somewhat "short," explications for three other types of art. As of this moment in time I have only discoverd one of those three types of art: a short story (The Country of the Blind by H.G. Wells)... In a later post I will announce a piece of poetry as well as a paiting (or photograph) for which I will write explications.

To conclude, I will then use my non-existant creative skills to produce my own work of art, whether I choose a poem, a drawing, a picture, whatever.

Blah, blah, blah. Yada, yada, yada.
I really just repeated the instructions but I'm pretending you are an ignorant blind native from The Country of the Blind so it doesn't really matter)

See you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment